To become an Exercise to Music Instructor there are no specific pre-requisite qualifications.
If you love attending group classes then this is the best experience. There is an element of discussing, presenting, reading and writing involved and learners should have basic skills in communication.
This is perfect for adults (aged 16+) wishing to pursue a career either in the health and fitness sector, community setting or in schools as ETM Instructors.
Please note that 16 to 18 year-olds may need to be supervised in the workplace, once they have achieved the qualification
Exercise to Music Course Qualification Structure:
This qualification comprises 6 units:
- Unit 1 - Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Unit 2 - Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Unit 3 - Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Unit 4 - Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Unit 5 - Planning group exercise to music sessions
- Unit 6 - Instructing group exercise to music sessions
Successful achievement of all six units must be achieved for the full qualification
Group X recommend that anyone new to teaching works with one of our Mentors during your study. We are the only company to offer this inspirational local service which works fantastically well and provides an unstressed, personal touch:
Your mentor will help you to make the hard transition into practical teaching.
This level of experience will be invaluable as it will provide a healthy transition from participant to instructor in a safe and appreciative environment.
Your mentor will help you in the following ways:
- Invite you to attend up to 4 sessions
- Provide you with progressive feedback
- View your course work and offer help & advice
- Allow to teach parts of their classes in order for you to gain experience
- Invigilate your exams
- Offer online or phone consultations once a week
Group X Training will provide you with a mentor for the additional fee of £150 paid directly to them. If you would like to nominate your own instructor as a mentor, please let us know.