This is one of the fastest growing areas of fitness and an ideal source of income for mothers, teachers and fitness instructors. There are no specific pre-requisite qualifications, but there is an element of discussing, presenting, reading and writing involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
This is the industry standard qualification for adults (aged 16+) wishing to pursue a career either in the health and fitness sector, community setting or in schools as teachers of children’s physical activity
16 to 18 year-olds may need to be supervised in the workplace, once they have achieved the qualification
It is recommended that candidates are in possession of a satisfactory enhanced disclosure with the Criminal Record Bureau before commencing this course.Learners can be employed before the CRB check is complete provided the organisation is satisfied, on the basis of other checks, that it is safe to do so; however, organisations cannot let anyone have unsupervised access to children until they have a satisfactory CRB check
This qualification comprises 6 units:
- Unit 1 - Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Unit 2 - Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Unit 3 - Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Unit 4 - Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Unit 11 - Planning health related exercise and physical activity for children
- Unit 12 - Instructing health related exercise and physical activity to children
Successful achievement of all six units must be achieved for the full qualification
Group X recommend that anyone new to teaching works with one of our Mentors during your study. We are the only company to offer this inspirational local service which works fantastically well and provides an unstressed, personal touch:
Your mentor will help you to make the hard transition into practical teaching.
This level of experience will be invaluable as it will provide a healthy transition from participant to instructor in a safe and appreciative environment.
Your mentor will help you in the following ways:
- Invite you to attend up to 4 sessions
- Provide you with progressive feedback
- View your course work and offer help & advice
- Allow to teach parts of their classes in order for you to gain experience
- Invigilate your exams
- Offer online or phone consultations once a week
Group X Training will provide you with a mentor for the additional fee of £150 paid directly to them. If you would like to nominate your own instructor as a mentor, please let us know.
Please go ahead and book your course, the Level 2 Certificate to Teach Exercise and Fitness to Children(aged 5-16) costs £475
Once you have gained this qualification you can move onto the Level 2 Certificate in Delivering Behaviour Management and Physical Activities to Children Under 5 at the discounted price of £250