Qualification entry requirements
Learners must hold either a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym/ Exercise to Music or Aqua) or equivalent (including qualifications which give entry to the REPs Physical activity Advisor category) or one of the following:
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
What the course involves
This qualification comprises two units, namely:
- Unit 1 - Physical activity and health considerations for the pre and post natal client
- Unit 2 - Design and implement exercise programmes for the pre and post natal client
Successful achievement of all units must be achieved for the full qualification.
Unit 1 This unit is internally assessed using a worksheet consisting of 14 questions.
In order to achieve a pass a minimum of 38 marks must be achieved.
Unit 2 This unit is internally assessed using a theoretical case study consisting of
- Session Plans
- Risk Assessment
Session Plans These can be done in the context of Gym and Group Exercise Learners should choose the most appropriate session plan for their context and each session should include:
- warm-up minimum 3 minutes using any cardiovascular equipment or exercises(mobility and dynamic stretches may be included in the warm up)
- cardiovascular minimum of 3 different forms of cardiovascular equipment or exercises to be included over the 3 sessions
- 8-10 resistance based exercise - these can be machine-based, free weight, cable or body weight / body conditioning exercises
- cool-down minimum 3 minutes using a different piece of cardiovascular equipment or exercises than the warm-up (stretches of identified shortened musculature may be included in the cool down)
A mark sheet is provided and learners must achieve a minimum of 43 marks to pass