L2 GROUP FITNESS TRAINING MENTOR
Welcome to Level 2 Group Fitness Training
Before you start PLEASE READ:
What we do – You have enrolled onto an online course and in doing so have access to our extensive manual and online content. You will find all of the answers to your questions within the content. We understand that in order to progress successfully, sometimes you need to chat to another human and ask the questions that just do not seem obvious!
With this in mind we host a monthly 30 minute Q&A on the first Monday of each month at 4.30pm with lead tutor Tabby Browring. You can join in here as often as you like and there is never ever a stupid question.
You can also chat with other GXT students on the GXT Group Instructor Training Facebook Page , here you will find our schedule of additional masterclasses and workshops designed to help you with your practical skills ( we find that attendance of these dramatically speeds up completion times and pass rates).
Should you find yourself in a panic, pickle or other such predicament please contact Jayne via email, she is the perfect last resort! You can also guarantee that at some point she has felt what you are feeling and can help you move forward.
What we don’t do – We advise that you complete your course in 6 months. This equates to 1 unit per month. With this in mind:
- Please track your progression and unit submissions our assessors do not answer questions on where you are and what you are doing, this is your responsibility.
- We do not answer email questions when the answers are obvious, easily located in the online or manual content. The FAQ section will help you with typical questions.
- Please refer to the FAQ section. A list of frequently asked questions are located in the drop down course navigation menu, please make this your first “go to” if you are not sure of anything. Our tutors do not answer questions located in the FAQ section. This is updated frequently.
Your Unit Assessment – Pass/Refer guidelines:
- All answers are in the manual and online content. Some answers require more thought than others in order to answer correctly. We do not accept copy and paste answers from google or any other source.
- Your units will be assessed in a queue system and we aim to complete in the quickest possible time. If you are on a deadline please make us aware of this when you start your course by completing a detailed plan for completion.
- Should you refer any unit we provide detailed help and assistance. We allow up to 2 referrals on each unit. Should you require further assessing there will be a fee of £10 per unit paid directly to your assessor.
Please find your learning materials for the course
- Your level 2 units are completed via studying the Level 2 group fitness instructor manual – Your Manual
- Please complete your Level 2 units 1-4 workbook for each unit and send it to your assessor for marking – L2 Group Fitness Workbook Units-1-4-March -2023
- Please complete your Level 2 Planning & Instructing Units from the workbook below –
The following content is designed to do 2 things:
- Inform you on all of the criteria necessary to pass your level 2 certificate to teach group exercise units 5 & 6
- Set up classes that are competent and saleable once you have completed your course.
The core content has been created and evolved by the GXT team, predominantly Tabitha Browring, Sally Wormall & Jayne Nicholls.
I am absolutely delighted that Ceri Hannan accepted my invitation to provide you with advanced content and practical examples that will help you shape your classes once your course is complete.
Ceri has spent the last 33 years in the Health & Fitness industry, during which time his career has taken him across the world in various capacities. As the former British Aerobic Champion he represented the United Kingdom at World & European level. A natural progression from competitive aerobics saw Ceri develop a reputation for delivering unique presentations to both the Fitness Professional as well as the consumer market, where his user friendly, fun and educational style has seen him present in Russia, Spain, Iceland, Israel, America, Australia, Holland, Belgium, Denmark, India and Africa…His passion for the industry and many years of experience saw him spend 3 years as the National Fitness Manager for one of the largest health club chains in the world overseeing 150 clubs where he developed programmes systems and operational procedures that now get delivered to over a million members! After several years consulting for many health clubs within the private and public sector as well as organising one of the biggest fitness events in Europe The International Fitness Showcase in Blackpool alongside his business partner Steve Watson (Chrysalis Promotions), he now resides in Cape Town where he heads up the Program Development and Innovation strategy for Virgin Active South Africa…With many TV appearances, industry and consumer magazine articles as well as many Fitness DVD & Download titles to his name, Ceri continues to live by his fitness philosophy – The Three E’s – Exercise, Education & Entertainment… For further information on Workshops, Master Classes and Lectures contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
So all you have to do know is watch, learn and enjoy.